Momentum Sports Tours has been serving the Western Michigan area since 1984. It was the year the Detroit Tigers won the World Series and Billy Sims was still running for the Detroit Lions.
Since then and until the present, Momentum Sports Tours has toured to over 2,000 major sports events. Some milestones include:
- Detroit Red Wings Championship Game,
- Detroit Pistons Finals Games,
- Detroit Tigers League Championship Play-off Games,
- Detroit Lions Playoff Game,
- First game played by The Grand Rapids Griffins (vs. the Ice in Indianapolis),
- First series ever played at US Cellular Field (Tigers vs. Chicago White Sox),
- First series ever played at Jacobs Field (Tigers vs. Cleveland Indians),
- First game ever played at Ford Field.
Momentum Sports Tours has collaborated, in the past, with radio stations WLAV-FM, WBBL-AM, WKLQ-FM and WODJ for massive co-promoted excursions to special sports events.
Generally, Momentum offers tours that are a 1-day affair to Detroit, Chicago, or Ann Arbor. However, some events demand a longer excursion. Momentum has taken coaches to Daytona FL, Cleveland OH, Milwaukee WI, Talladega AL, Charlotte NC, Indianapolis IN, and Bristol TN.